PUTRAJAYA, Dec 31 (Bernama) — Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim tonight joined in a congregation of over 2,000 people in a solat hajat (prayer of needs) and Yasin recital in conjunction with the “Munajat Ambang Tahun Baru 2023” programme at the Putra Mosque here.
He arrived at the mosque at about 6.21 pm and was accompanied by Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department (Religious Affairs) Datuk Seri Mohd Na’im Mokhtar for a meal before joining the congregational Mahgrib prayer.
Also present were Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Zahid Hamidi and several Cabinet ministers including Home Affairs Minister Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail and Communications and Digital Minister Fahmi Fadzil.
The Grand Imam of the Putra Mosque, Salahuddin Ghozali led the congregational Maghrib prayers followed by the Solat Hajat, Yasin recital and prayer ceremony.
The Prime Minister is scheduled to deliver a special message at 8 pm, which will be broadcast live by Radio Television Malaysia (RTM), before joining the congregation for the Isyak prayer at 8.30 pm.
Prior to this, Anwar had called off the 2023 New Year’s Eve celebration at Dataran Merdeka as the country comes to terms with the flood situation in several states.
- PUBLIC INVITED TO “MUNAJAT AMBANG TAHUN BAHARU” PROGRAMME WITH PM AT PUTRA MOSQUE TOMORROW
- PM ANWAR JOINS SOLAT HAJAT FOR FLOOD VICTIMS, MALAYSIA’S WELLBEING
- ANWAR HADIR PROGRAM MUNAJAT AMBANG TAHUN BAHARU 2023
- PM ANWAR RECEIVES WARM WELCOME AT DATO’ KLANA PETRA MOHD YUSOF MOSQUE, SIKAMAT
- PM ANWAR ATTENDS DINNER FUNCTION WITH SABAH STATE LEADERS