SHAH ALAM, July 29 — Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim wants programmes commemorating the Prophet Muhammad such as the ‘Majlis Darul Ehsan Berselawat 2.0’ in Selangor tonight, to be held throughout the country.
Anwar said this was because such programmes instilled a sense of love and appreciation for the Holy Prophet.
“Thank you to Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Amirudin Shari who enlivened Selangor with ‘selawat’ (sending salutations to the Prophet) and after Selangor, we will tour the whole country after the state elections (are over),” he said while speaking at the event held at the Melawati Indoor Stadium.
He said the MADANI nation concept he was spearheading was based on the values and morals of the Prophet Muhammad, and the awareness to remember and send salutations to the Prophet should be expanded nationwide.
The Majlis Darul Ehsan Berselawat 2.0 programme organised by the Selangor Women’s Welfare and Charity Organisation (Pekawanis) in collaboration with Pertubuhan Damai dan Cinta Insani (Pendamai) was a continuation of the programme held on Jan 14, which received an overwhelming response.
The event tonight also featured famous Muslim scholars and preachers such as Sheikh Abu Zaki, Ustaz Neezam Al-Banjari and Ustaz Dr Ahmad Farkhurrazi, attracting more than 5,000 attendees.
- ISRAK MIKRAJ: PM CALLS MUSLIM TO RENEW RESOLVE, RESTORE DIGNITY
- PM ANWAR INVITES PUBLIC TO FOLLOW ‘DEVELOPING A MADANI NATION’ MANDATE TOMORROW
- PM ANWAR RECEIVES WARM WELCOME AT DATO’ KLANA PETRA MOHD YUSOF MOSQUE, SIKAMAT
- PM ANWAR AJAK ORANG RAMAI IKUTI AMANAT KHAS ‘MEMBANGUN MALAYSIA MADANI’ ESOK
- PM ANWAR MEETS MALAYSIAN DIASPORA IN BRUNEI