SERDANG, July 7 — Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim announced several initiatives and incentives to improve the quality of life and preserve the welfare of Felda settlers, including providing infrastructure, healthcare, digitalisation and housing.
Among the announcements made by Anwar was the Rahmah Health Contribution (SKR) which involves an allocation of RM21.21 million, the construction of a hemodialysis centre with an allocation of RM21 million, expenses for the cost of operating street lights with financial implications of RM7.7 million per year, and a diesel subsidy of RM36 million a year for three Felda settlements in Sabah.
He also announced the Digital MADANI programme to empower the gig economy, resolutions to issues with regard to the Felda New Generation Housing (PGBF) scheme and efforts to help rubber smallholders switch to other commodity crops such as palm and coconut.
Anwar, who is also Finance Minister, also stated the Unity Government’s commitment to write off a portion of settlers’ loans amounting to RM8.3 billion.
“We made a decision to reduce, not add to the burden Felda folk, there are second, third and fourth generations (of settlers that need to be taken care of),” he said at the Felda Settlers’ Day celebration here today.
- UNITY GOVT WILL PROCEED TO GIVE ADDITIONAL KGT OF RM100 FOR CIVIL SERVANTS
- FLOOD MITIGATION PROJECTS TO BE EXPEDITED – PM ANWAR
- CNY: TOLL-FREE RIDES ON HIGHWAYS NATIONWIDE ON JAN 20, 21 – PM ANWAR
- BUDGET 2023 ANSWERS ISSUES FACED BY THE GOV’T – PM ANWAR
- PHASE ONE OF SUMBANGAN TUNAI RAHMAH TO BE PAID OUT FROM TOMORROW – PM