PUTRAJAYA, June 29 — Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim today performed the Aidiladha prayers with thousands of congregants at the Putra Mosque here.
Anwar, who was accompanied by his wife Datuk Seri Dr Wan Azizah Ismail was welcomed upon arrival at 8.19 am by Department of Islamic Development Malaysia (Jakim) director-general Datuk Hakimah Mohd Yusof.
This is Anwar’s first Aidiladha prayer with the people of Putrajaya since he took over the helm of the country’s administration in November last year.
Also present were Home Minister Datuk Seri Saifuddin Nasution Ismail and Chief Secretary to the Government Tan Sri Mohd Zuki Ali.
Anwar also joined in the ‘takbir raya’ ceremony with 20,000 congregants before performing the Aidiladha prayers led by the Grand Imam of the Putra Mosque, Salahuddin Ghozali
Salahuddin also delivered the Aidiladha sermon titled ‘Nilai Pengorbanan (The Value of Sacrifice).
Anwar also took the opportunity to greet congregants after the sermon.
When met by reporters later, Anwar merely gave a short message.
“All is well and calm, showing patience and a spirit of sacrifice, insya-Allah. A safe country, safe umat,” he said.
- PM ANWAR ATTENDS “MUNAJAT AMBANG TAHUN BAHARU 2023” PROGRAMME
- PM ANWAR RECEIVES WARM WELCOME AT DATO’ KLANA PETRA MOHD YUSOF MOSQUE, SIKAMAT
- PM ANWAR JOINS SOLAT HAJAT FOR FLOOD VICTIMS, MALAYSIA’S WELLBEING
- LIST OF DEPUTY MINISTERS TO BE ANNOUNCED TONIGHT – PM ANWAR
- 10 POLITICAL SECRETARIES TO CABINET MINISTERS TAKE OATHS OF SECRECY