KUALA LUMPUR, June 20 — Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim is confident that newly-appointed Bank Negara Malaysia (BNM) governor Datuk Shaik Abdul Rasheed Abdul Ghaffour is capable of continuing a sustainable and stable monetary policy.
The Prime Minister has also placed his full faith in Shaik Abdul Rasheed to face the current challenges and create a new thrust for the country.
Shaik Abdul Rasheed will assume the position of governor from Tan Sri Nor Shamsiah Mohd Yunus, who completes her five-year term on June 30.
“Today, I met the new Bank Negara governor Datuk Shaik Abdul Rasheed Abdul Ghaffour.
“I expressed my highest level of confidence in him to continue a sustainable and stable monetary policy and that it will be improved so that the country’s financial position will become better, stronger and more stable,” he posted on Facebook today.
Anwar also thanked Nor Shamsiah for her service in guiding BNM, especially when the country was going through difficult and bitter moments during the (COVID-19) pandemic.
- PM ANWAR TO USE SARAWAK SONGKET FILE BAG TO BRING BUDGET 2023 DOCUMENT
- IMPLEMENT CHANGES, RISE FROM CULTURE OF CONTENTMENT, ANWAR TELLS CABINET, CIVIL SERVANTS
- PM ANWAR RECEIVES COURTESY CALL FROM NEWLY-APPOINTED MALAYSIAN DIPLOMATS
- QUALITY INVESTMENTS, LOW CARBON ECONOMY, SOCIAL PROTECTION AMONG THE MEASURES IN STRUCTURAL ECONOMIC REFORMS — PM ANWAR
- PM ANWAR CHAIRS NATIONAL ACTION COUNCIL ON COST OF LIVING SPECIAL MEETING