KAJANG, June 28 — Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim today joined in the ‘takbir raya’ ceremony in conjunction with Hari Raya Aidiladha, which falls tomorrow.
The recitation of the takbir led by the Imam of Taman Rakan Sungai Long Mosque, Mohd Zamzuri Abu Othman, was also participated by committee members, mosque congregations and local residents.
The ceremony was broadcast live on Radio Televisyen Malaysia’s (RTM) TV1 as well as on the official social media pages of the Prime Minister, RTM and the Ministry of Communications and Digital at 8.20 pm tonight.
Earlier, PM Anwar, dressed in Baju Melayu, arrived at the mosque at 7.19 pm and was welcomed by members of the mosque committee and the congregation.
PM Anwar and the congregation broke their fast before performing the Maghrib prayers together, followed by the takbir ceremony.
After the takbir, the Prime Minister spent some time greeting and having pictures taken with members of the congregation before leaving the mosque at 8.30 pm.
The Prime Minister is scheduled to attend the Aidiladha prayers tomorrow at the Putra Mosque in Putrajaya.
- PM ANWAR ATTENDS “MUNAJAT AMBANG TAHUN BAHARU 2023” PROGRAMME
- PM ANWAR RECEIVES WARM WELCOME AT DATO’ KLANA PETRA MOHD YUSOF MOSQUE, SIKAMAT
- LIST OF DEPUTY MINISTERS TO BE ANNOUNCED TONIGHT – PM ANWAR
- PM ANWAR TABLES MALAYSIA MADANI BUDGET 2023 IN DEWAN RAKYAT
- PM ANWAR TO USE SARAWAK SONGKET FILE BAG TO BRING BUDGET 2023 DOCUMENT