KUALA LUMPUR, April 6 — A statement purportedly issued by the Prime Minister’s Office (PMO) regarding the investigation into the case of abuse of power involving the Chief Secretary to the Government and the Public Service Department director-general is fake.
The Prime Minister’s Department (JPM), in a post on its official Facebook page today, said that the PMO has never issued the statement which went viral on social media.
“The statement issued was malicious and intended to confuse the public.
“The public is urged not to share any unverified or false information,” said JPM.
Earlier, a fake statement dated April 6 which claimed that the Malaysian Anti-Corruption Commission (MACC) would carry out an immediate investigation into cases of abuse of power involving the Chief Secretary to the Government and the Public Service Department DG, made its way around social media.
- PM ANWAR BEGINS OFFICIAL DUTY AT PERDANA PUTRA
- CHILDREN’S COMMISSIONER APPOINTED TO SUHAKAM
- 10 POLITICAL SECRETARIES TO CABINET MINISTERS TAKE OATHS OF SECRECY
- IMPLEMENT CHANGES, RISE FROM CULTURE OF CONTENTMENT, ANWAR TELLS CABINET, CIVIL SERVANTS
- GOVT INJECTS RM152.6 MILLION TO COMPLETE OPV1 PROJECT – PM ANWAR