PUTRAJAYA, April 3 — Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has called on all government departments, agencies and ministries to organise religious programmes that focus on understanding the verses from the Quran throughout Ramadan.
The prime minister said he had proposed the matter to Chief Secretary to the Government Tan Sri Mohd Zuki Ali so that all departments, ministries and agencies could hold a short programme during Zohor time.
“From 1 pm until Zohor with a tazkirah session that focuses on one verse of the Quran.
“Hopefully, we will be able to raise our ranks (to Allah) during this Ramadan by focusing on reading, studying and understanding the Quran,” he said in his speech at the Prime Minister’s Department monthly assembly here today.
Anwar said he had also asked the Department of Islamic Development Malaysia (Jakim) to coordinate the preachers if needed at the programmes.
- MINISTRIES, AGENCIES URGED TO IMPROVE EFFICIENCY – PM ANWAR
- IMPLEMENT CHANGES, RISE FROM CULTURE OF CONTENTMENT, ANWAR TELLS CABINET, CIVIL SERVANTS
- CIVIL SERVANTS URGED TO BRING CHANGE, BRING MALAYSIA BACK TO ITS GLORIOUS DAYS
- PM WANTS CABINET MINISTERS TO LOOK INTO ISSUES RAISED IN AUDITOR-GENERAL’S REPORT 2021
- PM ANWAR CALLS FOR GREATER PRIVATE SECTOR, GLC PARTICIPATION IN TVET