KUALA LUMPUR, Feb 18 (Bernama) — Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim called on Muslims to renew their resolve and learn from the experience of Prophet Muhammad SAW through the Israk and Mikraj events to restore the dignity of the ummah.
He said they should strengthen their belief before taking on more complicated tasks involving the welfare of the people and the country.
In a post on his Facebook, he referred to the miraculous journey of the Prophet on the night of 27 Rejab.
He said It was a spiritual journey that Allah SWT gave to Prophet Muhamad SAW when he was facing intense hardship and pain with the passing of his wife Sayidatina Khadijah and uncle Abu Talib.
In the bitter episode in Taif where the Prophet was ridiculed and humiliated, which almost broke his spirit, but was restored after the Prophet’s return from Sidratul Muntaha with a new task to free the people from the shackles of ignorance, he said.
He said the journey was significant as it was the night that Allah (swt) had decreed upon the Prophet (SAW) the obligatory five prayers daily for Muslims.
- ISRAK MIKRAJ: RAKYAT DISERU BANGKIT PERBAHARUI TEKAD, TINGKAT MARTABAT
- NO NEED TO DECLARE FLOOD EMERGENCY, SITUATION UNDER CONTROL – PM ANWAR
- ANWAR PAYS LAST RESPECT TO JIANG ZEMIN
- FEDERAL GOVT, PAHANG CLOSE COOPERATION CONTINUES TO BE STRENGTHENED – PM ANWAR
- PM PAYS LAST RESPECTS TO PUBLIC BANK FOUNDER