PUTRAJAYA, Nov 25 (Bernama) — Prime Minister Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim has stressed that the issue of the rising cost of living will be given priority by his unity government to alleviate the burden shouldered by the people.
He said a meeting with the relevant agencies and departments will be held on Monday at the latest to discuss the issue, including the price of goods.
“Even with the positive signs, such as the upside strength seen for ringgit and the stock markets, that showed increased confidence in the current government, I think the priority should continue to be given to the rising cost of living and price of goods that are plaguing and burdening the people,” he told a press conference on his first day in office at Perdana Putra here today.
Earlier, Anwar also met with the top government officials, namely the Chief Secretary to the Government Tan Sri Mohd Zuki Ali and the Director-General of Public Service Datuk Seri Mohd Shafiq Abdullah.
- PM ANWAR CHAIRS NATIONAL ACTION COUNCIL ON COST OF LIVING SPECIAL MEETING
- PM ANWAR WANTS GOVT DEPARTMENTS TO DEVELOP MEASURES TO IMPLEMENT TARGETED SUBSIDIES
- RICE IMPORT MONOPOLY SHOULDN’T BE POLITICISED, IT’S AIMED TO HELP POOR FARMERS – PM ANWAR
- TARGETED SUBSIDIES: PM ANWAR ASSURES THAT GOVT WILL ALSO LOOK AFTER INDUSTRY INTEREST
- MINISTERS AGREE TO TAKE 20 PER CENT PAY CUT – PM ANWAR