YANG AMAT BERHORMAT DATO’ SRI ISMAIL SABRI YAAKOB
PRIME MINISTER MALAYSIA
OF HUAWEI CUSTOMER SOLUTION INNOVATION CENTER
23 NOVEMBER 2021 (TUESDAY)|9.30 AM
Bismillahir Rahmaanir Rahim
Assalamualaikum Warahmatullahi Wabarakatuh, A Very Good Morning and Salam Keluarga Malaysia,
Mr. Michael Yuan ,
Chief Executive Officer, Huawei Malaysia,
Dearest Keluarga Malaysia, Members of the Media, Ladies and Gentlemen
1. Alhamdulillah we are all able to gather here today for the official launch of Huawei Malaysia’s Customer Solution Innovation Center (CSIC).
2. It certainly a great pleasure to witness Huawei’s cutting edge technologies and solutions first-hand.
3. Thank you Huawei for accelerating digital transformation and strengthening the development of Malaysia’s innovative platforms since 20 years ago. For that , I would like to wish Huawei a Happy 20th Anniversary! We will always appreciate and value your contribution towards nation’s digital talent development.
4. I was informed that most of Huawei Malaysia’s employees are local. Talents are a crucial part in accelerating digital transformation for the nation.
5. The COVID-19 pandemic has accelerated digitalisation to ease challenges of doing business during this difficult period without disrupting efficiency and productivity.
6. A business entity would need to be agile and flexible to have survived during these trying times and this would not have been possible without the adoption of digital technologies, especially when face-to-face dealings were not an option.
7. To that end , I am delighted by the achievements made by Huawei Malaysia as displayed in the CSIC, which helped in the nation’s digital transformation.
Dearest Keluarga Malaysia,
8. Our beloved country is charting its course towards a more prosperous and inclusive nation , where the principle of ‘leaving no one behind’ will be upheld within the concept of ‘Keluarga Malaysia’”.
9. With our development strategy for the next 5 years under the 12th Malaysia Plan. The focus on strengthening growth enablers will continue to be given priority, especially in the technology and innovation sectors.
10. The digital economy is expected to contribute 25.5 per cent to Malaysia’s gross domestic product (GDP) by 2025. Efficient and effective utilisation of technologies can drive our economic growth by leveraging on Public -Private Partnership projects , which can in turn reduce the Government’s expenditure , improve delivery of public facilities and services, as well as encourage innovation and economies of scale.
11. Strengthening these partnerships and forging new collaborations with the private sector will ensure Malaysia’s place as a top regional destination for investors and trigger rapid growth of the digital economy.
Dearest Keluarga Malaysia,
12. I would like to thank Huawei Malaysia once again , for your contributions and continuous support in bridging the digital divide. I believe Malaysia has the capacity and capability to achieve 100% digital inclusivity, especially among the vulnerable communities.
13. I am proud to say , in embracing the concept of Keluarga Malaysia , Huawei has taken an important role in helping the Government address this matter . I hope more corporations will come forward to follow in your footsteps.
14. On that note, it gives me great pleasure to launch Huawei’s Customer Solution Innovation Center.