CHUKAI, Dec 22 — Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin today visited flood victims at a temporary evacuation centre (PPS) in Sekolah Kebangsaan Bukit Mentok here.
He arrived at the PPS at 1.20 pm and was given a briefing on the current flood situation in Terengganu.
Muhyiddin, accompanied by Menteri Besar Datuk Seri Dr Ahmad Samsuri Mokhtar later spent about one hour visiting the flood evacuees taking shelter at the PPS and presented kits consisting of basic necessities to them.
The visit was his first after being appointed as the Prime Minister on Feb 29.
The evacuation centre at SK Bukit Mentok was opened last Saturday to house 669 people from 166 families but at the time of writing, only 483 evacuees from 140 families were still at the PPS.
As of 2 pm today, the number of flood victims in Kemaman and Dungun stood at 999 people involving 257 families.
- PM Muhyiddin visits flood victims in Kelantan
- PM Muhyiddin visits flood victims in Pahang
- Federal, state govts should work together to ensure welfare of flood victims – PM Muhyiddin
- PM’s visit brings smiles to flood evacuees in Johor
- Resolve stagnant floodwater problem in Kota Tinggi town centre – PM Muhyiddin