PRIME MINISTER OF MALAYSIA
I extend my heartfelt congratulations to the Democratic presidential nominee, former Vice President Joe Biden, on his historic victory in the 2020 US presidential elections.
Malaysia has closely followed the electoral process in the US, with much anticipation. The American voters have decided decisively in endorsing Mr. Biden as the 46th President of the United States for his leadership and vision.
As a fast-growing developing country, Malaysia attaches great importance to its relations with the United States. The US-Malaysia Comprehensive Partnership continues to be an overarching framework for pro-active, multifaceted and mutually beneficial collaboration between the two countries. Malaysia looks forward to strengthening further this partnership with the United States under President-elect Joe Biden’s leadership as the international community seeks to address the many global challenges, including the disastrous impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
I wish President-elect Joe Biden great success in his presidency, and look forward to meeting him personally when an opportunity arises.
YAB Tan Sri Muhyiddin Hj Mohd Yassin
Prime Minister of Malaysia
8 November 2020
- Media Statement: Malaysia and Australia Elevate Ties to Comprehensive Strategic Partnership
- Media Statement: Updates on the Kuala Lumpur-Singapore HSR Project
- Joint Press Statement on KL-Singapore HSR Project
- USD300 Million from 1MDB Monies Returned to Malaysia
- Sinister Lies from Sarawak Report about PM