KUALA LUMPUR, Nov 26 — Malaysia has been listed as one of the countries to be given priority to receive the COVID-19 from China which will be distributed soon, according to Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin.
In his posting on Facebook today, the Prime Minister said the assurance was conveyed to him by the Republic of China’s outgoing ambassador to Malaysia Bai Tian during a farewell visit at the Parliament building yesterday.
Muhyiddin said Malaysia had also expressed appreciation for the commitment made by the Chinese government on the matter.
“His Excellency Bai Tian also expressed his appreciation to the Government of Malaysia for giving continuous support in various aspects to the republic, especially when the COVID-19 pandemic hit Wuhan early this year.
“He considers Malaysia a very close friendly country that is always ready to lend a helping hand when China needs it,” he said.
- PM Muhyiddin calls on people to remain calm, trust government over COVID emergency
- PM confident MBM will help government assist youth groups weather COVID-19 efects
- COVID-19 among topics discussed between PM Muhyiddin, Qatar Emir
- PM thanks Malaysian frontliners over world recognition in fight against COVID-19
- Palestine thanks Malaysia for help in the fight against COVID-19 – PM Muhyiddin