KUALA LUMPUR, Oct 8 — Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin expressed his condolences to the family of Malaysian Islamic Religious Development Department (Jakim) director-general Datuk Paimuzi Yahya, who died of heart and lung complications at 1 pm today.
Muhyiddin described the passing of Paimuzi as a great loss to the country, especially Islamic religious institutions.
“My family and I extend our condolences to his family over his passing.
“On behalf of the government, I would like to express gratitude for his services and devotion ,” he said in a post on his Facebook page.
Paimuzi, 59, who has more than three decades of experience in the Islamic affairs services, died at the Sungai Buloh Hospital.
The Prime Minister, who is undergoing self-quarantine at home, also expressed his sadness as he was unable to pay his last respects to Paimuzi.
“Let us all pray that his soul be blessed and placed among the righteous,” he said.
- PM extends condolences to Jokowi on mother’s passing
- PM expresses condolences to the family of ADUN Slim
- PM Muhyiddin pays tribute to Ahmad A. Talib
- PM thanks Malaysian frontliners over world recognition in fight against COVID-19
- COVID-19: PM Muhyiddin proud of recovered patient’s role in helping others