PUTATAN, Sept 11 — “Take good care of Daniel,” said Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin to the child’s father, Safri Leman, during a visit to their home at the People’s Housing Project (PPR) in Taman Sri Keramat here today.
According to Safri, Daniel Zafwan, 10, a special needs child with autism, was diagnosed with a hole in the heart disease at the age of two before undergoing surgery in India in 2012.
Deeply moved by the prime minister’s visit, Safri explained that after the operation, his eldest son had to depend on a pacemaker, whose battery needs to be replaced every 10 years, to live.
The father of four said he was fortunate to be visited by the country’s leader, affectionately known as ‘Abah’ (Father) by the people, who had spent about 15 minutes at his home.
Meanwhile, Taman Sri Keramat PPR chairman Suhaimi Maidin said he was grateful that the prime minister took the time to meet with the residents, a gesture which showed his concern for the people.
Suhaimi is also hoping that the tenancy of the 2,800 residents of the PPR could be converted to hire purchase status.
- PM Muhyiddin visits Desa Rejang PPR residents, listens to their plight, promises help
- Malaysians must uphold trust to maintain country’s independence, sovereignty
- PM Muhyiddin visits De Muara Enterprise
- PM Muhyiddin describes Japan’s Abe as a leader with vision
- PM Muhyiddin calls on people to remain resilient, continue obeying MCO