KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 30 — Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin today conveyed his condolences to the Kuwaiti government and people on the demise of Kuwait’s Emir Sheikh Sabah Al-Ahmad Al-Jaber Al-Sabah.
He said the world has lost a great leader who inspired many to achieve progress, prosperity, as well as peace and stability for Kuwait and beyond.
“On behalf of the government of Malaysia, I extend our deepest sorrow and condolences to the government and people of the State of Kuwait’s on the demise of HH Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmad Al Jaber Al Sabah.
“May Allah the Almighty grant His blessings and place his soul among the martyrs and righteous. Amin,” he said through his Facebook account.
Sheikh Sabah passed away at the age of 91 on Tuesday.
It was reported that on July 23, the emir left for the United States to complete the medical treatment following his recent surgery.
- COVID-19 among topics discussed between PM Muhyiddin, Qatar Emir
- PM expresses condolences to the family of ADUN Slim
- Budget 2021 approval shows MPs know it’s for people’s interests – PM Muhyiddin
- Beirut Blast: Malaysia willing to render assistance – PM Muhyiddin
- PM thanks well wishers on his 73rd birthday