KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 14 — The Cabinet meeting this morning took place in a new normal atmosphere where the seats of its members were separated by transparent barriers.
In a Facebook post, Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin said the move was aimed at maintaining physical distancing in an effort to reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection.
“Today’s meeting is also the first time all members of the Cabinet can gather and hold a face-to-face meeting in the same room,” according to the posting, which was also accompanied by four pictures showing the atmosphere of the meeting.
It said that to curb the spread of COVID-19 and maintain physical distancing, the previous Cabinet meetings were held at three different locations in Perdana Putra Building.
- PM Muhyiddin back at work after 14-day home quarantine
- Agong grants audience to PM Muhyiddin for Pre-Cabinet meeting
- Agong holds second pre-Cabinet video conference with PM Muhyiddin
- PM Muhyiddin performs Aidiladha prayers in the new normal
- PM Muhyiddin visits supermarket, happy people observing social distancing