PUTRAJAYA, July 3 — Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin today received RM2.5 million worth of medical equipment from Tropicana Corporation Bhd and Top Glove Corporation Bhd for the Ministry of Health (MOH).
In a brief ceremony at Perdana Putra, the contribution from Tropicana was presented by group executive vice chairman Tan Sri Tan Chee Sing, while Top Glove was represented by executive chairman Tan Sri Dr Lim Wee Chai.
Tropicana contributed medical equipment such as ventilators, ultrasound machines, and medical suit valued at RM1.5 million.
Top Glove contributed three million gloves worth RM700,000 as well as medical equipment such as ventilators and medical suit worth RM300,000.
According to statements issued by the two companies, Tan Sri Muhyiddin (TSM) Charity Golf Foundation will distribute the contributions to hospitals and health departments identified by MOH for use by frontliners.
- PM Muhyiddin receives donations for COVID-19 Fund
- Prime Minister receives cash donations of RM4.6 million for COVID-19 Fund
- PM receives RM4 mln for COVID-19 Fund, bringing total to RM22.6 mln
- Five Companies Donate to COVID-19 Fund
- PM thanks Malaysian frontliners over world recognition in fight against COVID-19