KUALA LUMPUR, July 29 — Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin today visited the #UniteforPalestine exhibition, a campaign to express Malaysia’s support for Palestinian cause, organised by Wisma Putra at the Parliament here today.
In a post uploaded via his official Facebook account, Muhyiddin said that he also had the opportunity to meet officials from Wisma Putra and the Palestinian Embassy in Malaysia at the exhibition.
According to him, the campaign, which also saw the participation of the Palestinian Embassy, was very good in giving exposure to members of Parliament (MPs) on the Palestinian-related issues.
It also provides exposure on the role that MPs can play in defending the fate of the Palestinian people such as contributing to the Palestinian Humanitarian Trust Fund under the purview of Wisma Putra, he said.
“The exhibition also explains the steps that the government has taken at the international level in the fight for Palestinian cause.
“Malaysia will continue to consistently bring the voices of the oppressed Palestinians and fight for their destiny on the world stage. Insya Allah (God willing),” he said.
As a sign of support, Muhyiddin also wore a Palestine flag muffler scarf during the Dewan Rakyat sitting.
- Palestine thanks Malaysia for help in the fight against COVID-19 – PM Muhyiddin
- PM opens new Parliament Library
- Malaysia-Turkey to collaborate to develop COVID-19 vaccine
- Malaysia will continue supporting Palestinian struggle – PM Muhyiddin
- Malaysian PM, Palestine President discusses ties, COVID-19 over phone call