MUAR, June 27 — Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin today visited the Haji Muhammad Yassin Mosque located in the Pagoh Higher Education Hub in Bandar Universiti Pagoh here.
He was accompanied by his wife, Puan Sri Noorainee Abdul Rahman and Bukit Kepong assemblyman, Dr Sahruddin Jamal who was the former Menteri Besar of Johor in the tour of the mosque.
The mosque costing RM39.8 million was built on an 11.71 acre site, was named after Muhyiddin’s father Muhammad Yassin Mohamad who was a renown religious teacher in Muar district.
According to a representative of the mosque project director of the State Public Works Department, Alias Mohd Zin, the new mosque which can accommodate a congregation of 3,500 people began construction on April 4 2016 and is scheduled to be completed in September 2020.
The mosque also has various facilities including an Islamic Garden and eight units of quarters for the imam, bilal and siak.
- PM Muhyiddin performs Aidiladha prayers in the new normal
- Local authorities, govt agencies told to assist traders affected by COVID-19 – PM
- PM Muhyiddin proud of congregants’ compliance with SOP for Friday prayers
- Government to continue mega projects that do not require additional funding – PM
- National-level Maal Hijrah celebration