Proposed Statement for YAB Tan Sri Muhyiddin Hj Mohd Yassin,
Rt. Hon. Prime Minister of Malaysia
My fellow Heads of States and Governments, Madam Ursula von der Leyen, President of the European Commission, UN Secretary-General, Mr Antonio Guterres, and WHO Director-General, Dr Tedros Ghebreyesus.
I am honored to join this important global call.
COVID-19 has impacted all of our lives and the global economy – in ways never before experienced in living memory. The only way we can destroy this common invisible enemy of ours is through solidarity and cooperation.
The world needs to come together to coordinate our efforts and expedite the development of effective tools to stop the spread the of this disease.
The role of the United Nations remains one of our strongest modalities to curb this pandemic in a manner that can ensure that the arsenals in this war that we are fighting can reach everyone, everywhere and in the shortest time possible.
Never before has the clarion call to leave no one behind been more important than it is now. Malaysia therefore fully supports this landmark global collaboration to accelerate development and production of tools and vaccines and to assure equitable global access to new COVID-19 essential health technologies.
Malaysia is fully committed to being part of this time bound effort and to take on the manufacturing of some of these tools and vaccines as they become available. And I urge leaders across the globe, donors, the private sector and the scientific community to support this important effort to win this war against COVID-19.
- Global Collaboration to Accelerate New COVID-19 Health Technologies
- PM Muhyiddin joins world leaders in calling for global collaboration for COVID-19 vaccine
- Bilateral cooperation, COVID-19 among topics discussed between PM Muhyiddin and Trump
- COVID-19 among topics discussed by PM Muhyiddin and Vietnam PM
- The EAS must prepare to adapt, enhance cooperation amid COVID-19 pandemic – PM Muhyiddin