KUALA LUMPUR, April 17 — The issue of the COVID-19 pandemic in the world now was among the topics discussed between Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin and his Australian counterpart, Scott Morrison today.
Apart from the disease, Muhyiddin who received a call from Scott Morrison also talked about bilateral ties including furthering the trade interests of both countries.
“I reiterated Malaysia’s commitment to strengthen the existing ties with Australia apart from looking to explore new potential areas in various fields,” he said in a posting on Facebook and Twitter.
He said Scott Morrison also congratulated him on his appointment as the Prime Minister of Malaysia.
Muhyiddin was appointed the 8th Prime Minister of Malaysia on February 29.
- Malaysia and Iran to cooperate in fight against COVID-19 – PM Muhyiddin
- Malaysia-Turkey to collaborate to develop COVID-19 vaccine
- Bilateral cooperation, COVID-19 among topics discussed between PM Muhyiddin and Trump
- COVID-19 among topics discussed between PM Muhyiddin, Qatar Emir
- Malaysian envoys can help in efforts to revive the economy – PM