KUALA LUMPUR, March 29 — Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin visited a supermarket here today and expressed satisfaction that Malaysians are taking heed of the government advice for the Movement Control Order (MCO) period.
He said that from his observation, he is happy to note that the people are complying with the need for social distancing during the MCO, which is in force from March 18 to April 14 in a bid to break the chain of infection of COVID-19.
“This morning, I went to a supermarket in Kuala Lumpur. I was looking for some stuff and observed what the customers were doing. Alhamdulillah (Praise be to God), many are aware of the need for social distancing,” he posted on his official social media platforms.
Muhyiddin was seen with a face mask and gloves on and himself practised social distancing at the supermarket.
The prime minister, just like the other customers, allowed his temperature to be taken before he entered the supermarket.
- PM Muhyiddin confirmed negative for COVID-19 on sixth day of home quarantine
- PM Muhyiddin Checks Retail Activity at Hypermarket
- Transparent barriers installed to ensure physical distancing during Cabinet meeting
- PM Muhyiddin wishes Malaysian Buddhists a Happy Wesak Day
- PM Muhyiddin performs Aidiladha prayers in the new normal