MUAR, March 2 — Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin today visited the graves of his parents at his hometown in Muar, Johor.
The new Prime Minister who took the oath of office yesterday arrived at Bakri Batu 1 Muslim Cemetery here at 12.20 pm accompanied by his wife Puan Sri Noorainee Abdul Rahman.
He then proceeded to the graves of his parents, the well-known cleric late Muhammad Yassin Mohamad and Khadijah Kasim.
Muhyiddin was seen reciting doa at the graves.
The prime minister then attended a ‘tahlil’ and Yasin recital held at the cemetery ground.
The Parti Pribumi Bersatu Malaysia (Bersatu) president was sworn in as the 8th Prime Minister before the Yang di-Pertuan Agong Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri’ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah at Istana Negara yesterday.
- PM Muhyiddin expresses gratitude to Dr Mahathir
- PM Muhyiddin chairs first Cabinet meeting
- “I offer my heart and soul for the nation ” – PM Muhyiddin
- PM Chairs First Meeting with Deputy Ministers
- PM makes surprise visit to SAS to celebrate students’ outstanding SPM results
463 total views, 3 views today