KUALA LUMPUR, March 25 — Prime Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin has extended his condolences to Indonesian President Joko Widodo and his family, on his mother’s passing today.
In postings on his Facebook and Twitter accounts tonight, Muhyiddin said he had just heard about the sad news of the death of Ibu Sudjiatmi Notomiharjo, the mother of the Indonesian president.
“All Malaysians and I extend our condolences and sorrow on the passing of ‘Almarhumah’ which must surely be a big loss to ‘Bapak Presiden’ and all Indonesians,” the prime minister said.
Muhyiddin also expressed the hope that the president, more popularly known as Jokowi, and his family would bear with the loss and persevere.
According to local media reports in Indonesia, Sudjiatmi, 77, died in Solo, Central Java, at 4.45 pm today (Western Indonesia time). The cause of death is not known.
- PM Muhyiddin pays tribute to Ahmad A. Talib
- PM expresses condolences to the family of ADUN Slim
- Ungku Aziz’s services, sacrifices to country unparalleled – PM Muhyiddin
- PM Muhyiddin visits Tun Rahah at Prince Court Medical Centre
- Malaysia and Iran to cooperate in fight against COVID-19 – PM Muhyiddin