MALAYSIA’S POSITION ON ‘DEAL OF THE CENTURY’
Malaysia has carefully studied the proposed peace deal for Israel and Palestine – the so-called ‘Deal of the Century’, which was announced by the President of the United States, Mr. Donald Trump, on 28 January 2020. Malaysia finds the proposal utterly unacceptable. Malaysia believes the Palestinians have every right to reject it.
Palestine, an aggrieved party that has been subjected to the prolonged Israeli illegal occupation, was never directly involved or even consulted in the formulation of the proposal. The proposal is heavily one-sided, seeking to reward Israel as the occupier at the expense of occupied Palestine and her people.
The proposal is clearly unfair to the Palestinians and will only perpetuate the injustices they have long endured.
Malaysia stands by its position that the creation of an independent State of Palestine through the two-State solution, based on the pre-1967 borders, with East Jerusalem as the capital of Palestine, is the only viable solution to the Palestine-Israel conflict.
Malaysia will continue to support concrete and honest efforts to find a just and lasting solution to the Israeli-Palestinian conflict based on the international law and relevant United Nations resolutions through negotiations involving the parties concerned.
PRIME MINISTER’S OFFICE
31 JANUARY 2020
- US Reversal on Illegal Israeli Settlements Victimises Palestinians Further
- An Improved Deal on The East Coast Rail Link (ECRL) Project
- The Establishment of The Debt and Liability Management Committee
- Joint Statement Between Malaysia and Pakistan on The Occasion of The Official Visit of H.E. Imran Khan, Prime Minister of Pakistan to Malaysia
- Statement on The Situation in Jammu and Kashmir
538 total views, 2 views today