PUTRAJAYA, Jan 6 — New year resolutions should be made not just for self-benefit but also the success of the country, said Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad.
Dr Mahathir said if all quarters including the government machinery worked hard, Malaysia would achieve its objective of being on par with developed countries.
“I hope 2020, which is a very significant year for us, will mark the year we take the step to bring success to our country so that in 2030 we will be recognised as a developed country,” he said when addressing staff of the Prime Minister’s Department (JPM) today at their first assembly for the year.
To achieve this objective, Dr Mahathir said, Malaysia would venture into sophisticated fields so that it would be seen as a developed country which is modern and could compete with other developed nations.
He said Malaysia was now capable of participating in and manufacturing its own products in the technological field.
“Today, for example, we can produce drones, a sophisticated type of equipment needed for national development, and we will continue to be involved in other sophisticated fields,” he added.
- Muslim nations have the capability to compete
- Aerospace technology: Malaysia must grab the opportunity offered by Turkey – Dr Mahathir
- Many Aspects of Vision 2020 Achieved – Dr Mahathir
- The Muslim World Needs to Catch up in Technological Development – Dr Mahathir
- LIMA’19 Best Ever, Says PM
456 total views, 1 views today