STATEMENT OF CLARIFICATION
- The Office of the Prime Minister wishes to categorically state that Prime Minister YAB Tun Dr Mahathir bin Mohamad has never met former Police commando Azilah Hadri, since the latter’s imprisonment for the murder of Mongolian, Altantuya Shaariibuu.
- It was widely reported today that Dr Mahathir had shook his head and smiled when asked if he had met Azilah. This question came at the tail-end of a Press Conference following the launch of Bandar Malaysia in Putrajaya yesterday.
- There were also attempts to allude that Dr Mahathir was the VVIP, who allegedly met with Azilah who is on death row at the Kajang Prison, in February this year.
- Dr Mahathir also dismisses allegations that the Government is behind Azilah’s revelation of Datuk Seri Najib Razak’s involvement in the murder of Altantuya as stated in his (Azilah’s) recent statutory declaration.
- As this involves the legal process, the Government will leave the matter to the relevant authorities to decide on the course of action.
PRIME MINISTER’S OFFICE
18 DECEMBER 2019
- Media Clarification On AirAsia Allegation
- Statement on Zakir Naik
- Statement on Resignations of Khazanah Board Members
- Press Statement on Khazanah – 30 July 2018
- An Improved Deal on The East Coast Rail Link (ECRL) Project
399 total views, 1 views today