BANGKOK, Nov 2 — Malaysian Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad today met with his Thai counterpart, General Prayuth Chan-o-cha, on the sidelines of the 35th ASEAN Summit and Related Summit here.
It is learnt that in the 45-minute meeting held at the IMPACT Convention and Exhibition Centre, both leaders discussed various issues of mutual interests, including the need to strengthen the bilateral economic partnership.
As its closest neighbour, Thailand also expressed its support for Malaysia’s palm oil industry.
Prayuth, who was voted as prime minister after the general election in June, also hoped Malaysia will, in return, support its rubber industry.
Dr Mahathir arrived here yesterday, accompanied by his wife Tun Dr Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali.
- PM Dr Mahathir Attends Plenary Session of 34th ASEAN Summit
- PM Tun Dr Mahathir concludes four-day ‘meeting marathon’ in Thailand
- Dr Mahathir leading Malaysian delegation to 34th Asean Summit in Bangkok
- PM Dr Mahathir Arrives Bangkok for Four-Day Working Visit
- Malaysia welcome ASEAN’s joint bid for 2034 FIFA World Cup
88 total views, 1 views today