BAKU, AZERBAIJAN, Oct 26 — Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad took time off from his busy schedule at the 18th Non-Aligned Movement (NAM) Summit here to visit Azersun Holding’s Green Tech Farm.
Dr Mahathir was accompanied by Foreign Minister Datuk Saifuddin Abdullah and Malaysian Ambassador to Azerbaijan Datuk Yubazlan Yusof.
Located on the outskirt of the capital, the farm is a modern 35-hectare greenhouse complex that utilises the state-of-the-art technology in the production of organic vegetables, such as tomato, eggplant, cucumber and chilli.
During the 40-minute tour of the facility, the Malaysian prime minister was briefed on the complex’s operation by Tahir Goozal, vice president of Azersun.
Dr Mahathir also tasted some of the fresh vegetables.
Azersun is the biggest conglomerate in food production, retail and farming sector on the former Soviet Union state. It is also the largest food exporter and producer in Azerbaijan.
- Dr Mahathir visits Petronas office in Azerbaijan
- Dr Mahathir Arrives in Baku for 18th NAM Summit
- PM Visits Farms, Factories of Bumiputera Entrepreneurs in Kedah
- Dr Mahathir holds bilateral meetings with Bangladesh, Iran, Pakistan, Afghanistan and North Korea leaders
- Turkmenistan wants to extend Petronas PSC to 2038 – Dr Mahathir
105 total views, 2 views today