KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 10 — The Harimau Malaysia squad will be extra motivated when they face the United Arab Emirates in their 2022 World Cup/2023 Asian Cup qualifying home match tonight after receiving well wishes from the Prime Minister himself.
Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad wished the team well and prayed for their success on his Twitter account as they prepared for their second Group G game that kicks off at the Bukit Jalil National Stadium at 8.45pm.
“Wishing the #HarimauMalaya squad all the best in their match tonight.
“I hope the fans will come in droves and give their fullest support for our national team. Prove #MalaysiaBoleh #KamiTeamMalaysia,” he said.
Malaysia now sits on top of Group G with three points with Thailand and Vietnam sharing one point in second and third place respectively, while UAE will be kicking off their campaign tonight.
In the first match of their campaign last Thursday, Malaysia came from behind to beat Indonesia 3-2 at the Gelora Bung Karno Stadium in Jakarta.
- Harnessing Youths for Nation’s Progress
- Mahathir, Siti Hasmah attend ´M for Malaysia´ premiere
- Federal Government Will Restore Sabah, Sarawak’s Status – PM Mahathir
- Revived LTdL Brings Great Mileage to Malaysia – PM
- Mahathir shares life values, hopes for Malaysians
114 total views, 3 views today