KUALA LUMPUR, Sept 9 — The Yang di-Pertuan Agong, Al-Sultan Abdullah Ri’ayatuddin Al-Mustafa Billah Shah today graced a royal tea reception in conjunction with His Majesty’s birthday at Istana Negara here.
Also present was the Raja Permaisuri Agong, Tunku Hajah Azizah Aminah Maimunah Iskandariah.
The event which started at 3 pm was attended by about 3,000 guests including cabinet ministers, foreign dignitaries, senior government officers and award recipients.
Among the guests were Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad and his wife, Tun Dr Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali, as well as Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail and her husband, Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim.
The guests were entertained to performances by local artistes accompanied by the Kuala Lumpur City Hall orchestra.
At the reception, the King also cut a cake. Their Majesties also spent about 45 minutes mingling and taking selfies with the guests.
- 4,000 Break Fast with PM at Kota Kinabalu City Mosque
- King, Queen Throw Surprise Birthday Party for PM, Wife at Istana Negara
- Visiting South Korean President Moon accorded state welcome at Parliament Square
- Dr Mahathir attends PH thanksgiving gathering
- Agong Graces Birthday Awards Investiture Ceremony
126 total views, 1 views today