KUCHING, Sept 16 — Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said today that it was important for Sarawak to have a strong alliance with the federal government.
“What is extraordinary about Sarawak is that it is not of the same party as the government at the federal level, so it is inevitable that the connection is not as strong as we would like it to be.
“If the people want that strong connection between the state government and federal, it is important then, in the next State Election, to change the government in Sarawak,” he said in his speech at the ‘Berambeh Bersatu Sarawak’ programme here today.
Dr Mahathir who is also Pakatan Harapan and Bersatu chairman reminded Bersatu members to maintain their bond with component party members.
“On our own, we cannot win Sarawak. We need to form a coalition with other parties, because like it or not, only by doing so can we win and form the government,” he said.
On the Sarawak state election expected to be held next year, Dr Mahathir said it was essential for Bersatu and its members who will be contesting for the first time, to be highly disciplined.
“To that end, I hope we can pool our energy; insyaAllah we will be victorious, although undeniably, the government would not be a Bersatu, but a PH government,” he said.
- PM Calls for Caution Over Racial, Religious Sensitivities
- Dr Mahathir believes has good support but prepared to face no-confidence vote
- Formation of Bersatu in Sabah not to take over state government – Dr Mahathir
- Amendment to Constitution First Step to Realising Wishes of People in Sabah, Sarawak – PM
- Dr Mahathir Attends Dialogue Session with Johor Civil Servants
385 total views, 1 views today