LANGKAWI, Aug 12 (Bernama) — Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad took time check on the destruction along Pantai Tengah here, which was severely affected in the Typhoon Lekima storm disaster on Friday.
Although his programmes in Langkawi today are packed, Dr Mahathir drove a Lexus SUV himself to see with his own eyes the destruction caused by the storm.
The prime minister was accompanied by his wife Tun Dr Siti Hasmah Mohammad Ali.
Dr Mahathir, who is also Langkawi MP, spent about 15 minutes at the location.
Uprooted trees had been cleared away but damage involving business premises were still visible throughout the area.
On Friday, strong winds and a thunderstorm hit the area at about 7.45 pm causing damage to business premises, uprooting trees, some of which hit vehicles, and leaving electrical cables lying on roads.
- Dr Mahathir urges victims of storm disaster to be resilient
- Dr M: storm victims will be assisted in line with govt’s finances
- Make Landscaping a Malaysian Culture – PM
- Special Study Needed to Transfer Illegal Settlers on Bukit Malut – Dr Mahathir
- LIMA triggers Malaysia to keep up with growing defence industry – PM Mahathir
171 total views, 1 views today