KUALA LUMPUR, Aug 16 (Bernama) — Malaysia underscores the importance of a peaceful resolution for Jammu and Kashmir through dialogues and consultations in the interest of maintaining peace, stability, and prosperity in the region.
Malaysia’s Foreign Ministry (Wisma Putra) in a statement here today, said in this context, Malaysia would support all efforts and initiatives aimed at achieving a just and durable solution to this issue, so as to uphold the interest of all concerned parties, in particular those of the people of Jammu and Kashmir.
“Malaysia notes that the United Nations Security Council is deliberating the recent developments in Jammu and Kashmir,” said the statement.
Earlier, on Aug 8, Prime Minister Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad had said Malaysia places high hopes that India and Pakistan would exercise utmost restraint to prevent further escalation that could be detrimental to the peace, stability, and prosperity in the region.
Meanwhile, the Muslim Youth Movement of Malaysia (ABIM) condemned the abolition of Article 370 of the Indian constitution which ended autonomy for Jammu and Kashmir and Ladakh.
ABIM president Mohamad Raimi Ab Rahim in a statement said the move was illegal and contravened UNSC resolutions and called on India to end its suspension of Internet and telephone facilities in the region and the UN and the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation to act swiftly to undertake diplomatic initiatives to find a resolution to the matter.
- Palm Oil Issue: Indian Government Has Not Said Anything – Dr Mahathir
- Malaysia Hopes Conflict Over Jammu and Kashmir Can Be Resolved Through Negotiation
- Government Won’t Give Citizenship to Foreigners Just for Buying RM600,000 Worth of Property – PM
- Malaysia, Cambodia Committed to Increasing Bilateral Trade and Investment
- Amendment to Constitution First Step to Realising Wishes of People in Sabah, Sarawak – PM
378 total views, 3 views today