MUAR, Aug 9 (Bernama) — Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad is to chair a special meeting to discuss solutions to the traffic congestion on the Johor Causeway, Home Minister Tan Sri Muhyiddin Yassin said today.
He said the meeting will be held on Aug 22.
“The Home Ministry has been given the responsibility to prepare a working paper on some proposals to address the problem,” he told reporters here after handing over cows for the Aidiladha sacrificial slaughter for his Pagoh parliamentary constituents in Taman Pagoh Jaya here.
Dr Mahathir had raised the matter of the traffic congestion with Singapore Prime Minister Lee Hsien Loong during the 9th Malaysia-Singapore Leaders’ Retreat in April.
- PM Chairs The Meeting of Special Committee on Congestion at the Johor Causeway
- Muslims celebrate Aidiladha with spirit of sacrifice
- Resolving causeway traffic congestion a priority for Malaysia – Mahathir
- Mahathir, Siti Hasmah extend Aidiladha greetings through YouTube
- RM 7 Million Allocation for Tanjung Piai Is Not to Gain Votes – Dr Mahathir
246 total views, 1 views today