PUTRAJAYA, Aug 9 (Bernama) — Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad and visiting Indonesian President Joko Widodo attended Friday prayers today at the Putra Mosque here.
The two leaders arrived at the mosque at about 1.30 pm in a red Proton Persona car driven by Dr Mahathir himself.
Also present was Defence Minister Mohamad Sabu who is the minister-in-attendance.
Earlier, Dr Mahathir and Joko, popularly known as Jokowi, had a four-eyed meeting at the Prime Minister’s Office at the Perdana Putra Building located adjacent to the mosque.
After the prayers, led by the imam of the mosque, Muktasyaf Ibrahim, the two leaders exchanged greetings with the worshippers who waited in line to shake hands.
Jokowi, accompanied by his wife Iriana Joko Widodo and an entourage, arrived yesterday for a two-day visit aimed at strengthening bilateral relations.
- Mahathir drives Jokowi to lunch in a Proton car
- PM Accompanies King Performs Friday Prayers at Putra Mosque
- Visiting Indonesian President Jokowi meets with Mahathir
- Dr Mahathir attends PH thanksgiving gathering
- Malaysia, Indonesia to further discuss several bilateral issues
1,006 total views, 3 views today