HANOI, Aug 28 (Bernama) — Malaysian Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad said Wednesday Malaysia Airports Holdings Bhd (MAHB) must investigate the actual cause of the recent systems malfunction at the KL International Airport (KLIA) in Malaysia.
He said the systems failure at the airport should not have occurred.
“We have to find out the reason for the breakdown. It should not have happened because similar systems are in use at other airports and they don’t face the problems that we do,” he told Malaysian journalists after concluding his three-day official visit to Vietnam.
Dr Mahathir said KLIA is recovering from the breakdown but the airport is not operating smoothly yet.
A systems breakdown last Wednesday resulted in flight delays and cancellations and long queues at check-in counters as airport staff reverted to manual operations.
- PM Dr Mahathir Arrives in Hanoi for 3-day Official Visit
- Dr Mahathir Advises Malaysians to Be ‘Clean and Respected’ Businessmen, Investors Abroad
- Dr Mahathir calls on Vietnamese President Nguyen Phu Tong
- Dr Mahathir Wants Malaysian Fishermen to Increase Catch to Reduce Foreign Poachers
- MAHB’s success with ISQIA shows Malaysian firms’ capability – Dr Mahathir
125 total views, 1 views today