ANKARA, July 25 (Bernama) — Turkey on Thursday accorded an official welcome to visiting Malaysian Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad at the Presidential Complex here.
Turkish President Recep Tayyib Erdogan received Dr Mahathir and his wife Tun Dr Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali upon their arrival at the complex before the national anthems of Malaysia and Turkey were played.
Dr Mahathir then inspected a guard of honour mounted by the Turkish Armed Forces.
Dr Mahathir and Erdogan are scheduled to have a four-eyed meeting, which will be followed by a Malaysia-Turkey delegation meeting, before issuing a joint press statement.
In the evening, the Turkish President will host an official dinner in honour of the Malaysian Prime Minister.
Dr Mahathir began a four-day official visit to Turkey on Wednesday.
The visit is at the invitation of the Turkish President.
- Mahathir begins Turkey visit, lays wreath at Ataturk mausoleum
- PM Arrives in Ankara for A Four-Day Visit to Turkey
- Dr Mahathir calls for revival of great Islamic civilisation
- Pakistan Accords Official Welcome to PM
- Turkey Welcomes More Malaysian Investments, Especially in Defense Sector – Erdogan
253 total views, 1 views today