ANKARA, July 25 (Bernama) — Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad on Thursday was conferred an Honorary Doctorate of Political Sciences and Public Administration by Ankara Yildirim Beyazit University.
Dr Mahathir was conferred the honorary doctorate by the university’s Rector Prof Dr Ibrahim Aydinli and Turkish Higher Education Council President Dr Yekta Sarac.
The event was held at the Turkish Higher Education Council here.
Dr Mahathir is the third recipient of the university’s honorary doctorate after Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan and Djibouti President Ismail Omar Guelleh.
The Prime Minister received the doctorate in recognition and appreciation of his outstanding efforts and dedication to develop Malaysia and also to strengthen Malaysia-Turki bilateral relationships.
Dr Mahathir arrived here on Wednesday for a four-day official visit to Turkey at the invitation of the Turkish President.
- PM Conferred Honorary Doctorate by Qatar University
- Dr Mahathir calls for revival of great Islamic civilisation
- Mahathir begins Turkey visit, lays wreath at Ataturk mausoleum
- Dr Mahathir Conferred Honorary Doctorate by Japan University
- Japan’s Doshisha University Confers Honorary Doctorate of Humane Letters to Tun M
417 total views, 3 views today