KUALA LUMPUR, July 11 (Bernama) — The Government plans to put in place more and better programmes or mechanisms to reduce unemployment, especially among young people, Prime Minister, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, told the Dewan Rakyat today.
“The initiatives include recruitment portal, JobsMalaysia, via skills matching with posts, career carnivals, open interviews, agency collaborations, holiday placements for students and a placement programme for the special needs group,” he said in reply to a question from Ma’mun Sulaiman (Warisan-Kalabakan) on steps being taken to lower unemployment.
He added that from January to March this year, 3,890 people have already found employment.
- Youths should have characteristics employers look for in employees – Dr M
- Frequent Changes to Tax System Will Harm Economy – Dr Mahathir
- Government Gives Priority to Employment of Citizens – Dr Mahathir
- Free Breakfast Programme only For Underprivileged Students, Says Dr Mahathir
- Dr Mahathir Urges Malaysians to Refrain from Stoking Racial Sensitivities
781 total views, 2 views today