KUALA LUMPUR, July 11 (Bernama) — The Government plans to put in place more and better programmes or mechanisms to reduce unemployment, especially among young people, Prime Minister, Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad, told the Dewan Rakyat today.
“The initiatives include recruitment portal, JobsMalaysia, via skills matching with posts, career carnivals, open interviews, agency collaborations, holiday placements for students and a placement programme for the special needs group,” he said in reply to a question from Ma’mun Sulaiman (Warisan-Kalabakan) on steps being taken to lower unemployment.
He added that from January to March this year, 3,890 people have already found employment.
- Youths should have characteristics employers look for in employees – Dr M
- Government Gives Priority to Employment of Citizens – Dr Mahathir
- Science and Technology Can Be Good or Bad, the Choice Is Yours – Dr Mahathir
- Free Food for All Uni Students only Possible with Sufficient Allocation – PM
- Khat in BM Curriculum Can Go Ahead – PM
108 total views, 2 views today