ANKARA, July 25 (Bernama) — Visiting Malaysian Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad began his official programme in Turkey Thursday by laying a wreath at the mausoleum of Mustafa Kamal Ataturk, the founder and first president of modern-day Turkey, at Anitkabir here.
Dr Mahathir also signed the Book of Honour before proceeding to the next event.
He is scheduled to visit Turkish Aerospace Industries (TAI), which is Turkey’s centre of technology in design, development, modernisation, manufacturing, integration and life cycle support of integrated aerospace systems, from fixed and rotary wing air platforms to UAVs and satellites.
The Prime Minister will also be conferred an honorary doctorate in Political Science and Public Administration by Ankara Yildirim Beyazid University.
Also on Thursday, Dr Mahathir will have a four-eyed meeting with Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan at the Presidential Complex here, after which he will attend a Malaysia-Turkey delegation meeting.
Dr Mahathir arrived here Wednesday on a four-day official visit to Turkey.
- PM Arrives in Ankara for A Four-Day Visit to Turkey
- PM Mahathir conferred Honorary Doctorate by Turkish University
- Turkey accords official welcome for Dr Mahathir
- Dr Mahathir calls for revival of great Islamic civilisation
- Turkey Welcomes More Malaysian Investments, Especially in Defense Sector – Erdogan
280 total views, 1 views today