KUALA LUMPUR, July 9 (Bernama) — Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad has commended “Tooth King” V. Rathakrishnan for his spirit and perseverance after the 53-year-old voiced his intention to pull an aircraft with his teeth in April next year.
“I met Mr Rathakrishnan this afternoon and he told me about his plan to pull a Malaysia Airlines Airbus A380 plane at the Kuala Lumpur International Airport in April 2020,” he said on his Twitter and Facebook accounts.
“I am very happy to see his determination and hope that this effort will be supported by all Malaysians. #MalaysiaBoleh!” said the prime minister.
Rathakrishnan, also nicknamed the man with “steel jaws”, has done the country proud with his various record-breaking feats by pulling large objects with his teeth.
In October 2003, Dr Mahathir, who was then Prime Minister, also witnessed the strongman pull a KTM Komuter train with six coaches weighing 260.8 tonnes over a distance of 4.2 metres.
His achievement was under the “Semangat Malaysia Perkasa” (the spirit of Mighty Malaysia) project. Rathakrishnan had at the time dedicated his feat to Dr Mahathir, who he said had inspired Malaysians to inculcate the Malaysia Boleh spirit.
- Focus on Improving Current Rail Services, High-Speed Train Now “Not Necessary”
- Local Animations Now of World Class Standards – Dr Mahathir
- Peace in Country is a Bliss for All – Dr Mahathir
- RM187.1 bln dividend payout by PNB since establishment, says Tun M
- PM Extends Condolences to Families of Lombok Quake Victims
402 total views, 2 views today