PUTRAJAYA, July 8 (Bernama) — Thirty-one World’s Top Universities-bound students received Majlis Amanah Rakyat (Mara) study loan offer letters from Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad here today.
They will be pursuing studies at universities such as the University of Oxford, Imperial College London, University College London and London School of Economics and Political Science in the United Kingdom, the University of Michigan in the United States, Technical Ludwig-Maximilians Universitat Munchen in Germany and Nanyang Technological University in Singapore.
Amer Khaled Farid, 20, who will pursue Philosophy Politics and Economics course at the London School of Economics and Political Science, aimed to be a politician capable of changing the national political landscape to be more matured and focused on issues rather than emotional sentiment.
“This is indeed a motivation for me and I will definitely return to Malaysia upon graduation to help develop the country,” he told reporters after receiving the offer letter.
For Itrisyia Dayini Kamarul Baharin, 19, pursuing Arabic and Islamic Studies at the University of Oxford had been her dream.
“My interest in Middle East history and politics was developed during my years doing the Diploma in History, so I learned a lot about it and wanted to pursue it,” she said.
- Tun Dr Mahathir Engages Audience with Wit and Humour During Cambridge Talk
- Dr Mahathir begins three-day working visit to the UK
- Science and Technology Can Be Good or Bad, the Choice Is Yours – Dr Mahathir
- New System Under Study to Teach Science, Mathematics in English – Mahathir
- Students Need to Follow Rules to Avoid Chaos, Says Dr Mahathir
444 total views, 1 views today