LABUAN, June 27 (Bernama) — Labuan MP Datuk Rozman Isli has submitted an economic development plan of the Labuan Development Foundation (YPL) to Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad.
He presented the plan to the Dr Mahathir yesterday at the Prime Minister’s Office.
Speaking to reporters after officially launching a RM300,000 passenger boat at the Labuan International Ferry Terminal here today, Rozman said he expected a positive outcome from Dr Mahathir in the interest of Labuan’s future.
Rozman said one of the projects included in the plan is the long-awaited bridge linking Labuan to mainland Sabah.
“We need the bridge as it will be a game changer for the Labuan economic landscape; it will have economic spinoffs for both Labuan and Sabah,” he said.
He said he briefed Dr Mahathir on the need for YPL to be strengthened in every aspect so that it plays a greater role in the Labuan economic development agenda.
Rozman, who is also Labuan Corporation Advisory Council chairman, said he extended an official invitation to the Prime Minister to visit Labuan.
- Dr Mahathir leading Malaysian delegation to 34th Asean Summit in Bangkok
- Dr Mahathir tours Huawei’s Beijing Research Centre
- Govt to cut investment processes to expedite approvals – Dr Mahathir
- Plan to Move Bukit Malut Residents to Proper Housing to Be Implemented
- Slow Funding of Projects Affects All States Including Sabah – PM
267 total views, 1 views today