BUKIT MERTAJAM, May 18 (Bernama) — PKR president Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim is confident the country’s economy will recover in two years based on the plans and implementation being carried out by Prime Minister Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamad.
Anwar who is Port Dickson MP said the prime minister has now put several government agencies on good footing to ensure the country’s economy continues to improve.
“After we (Pakatan Harapan) had won last year, we realised the national economy was in a bad shape…this is not politics but a fact and the people need to know about.
“I am confident and hopefully in one or two years, Tun (Dr Mahathir) will restore the country’s economy to continue the agenda of assisting the people,” he said when speaking a Breaking of Fast With Anwar at Al-Falah Mosque in Permatang Pasir near here today.
Also present were State Health, Agriculture and Agro-based Industry and Rural Development Committee chairman Dr Afif Bahardin and the State Domestic and International Trade, Entrepreneur Development and Consumer Affairs Committee chairman Datuk Abdul Halim Hussain as well as 500 people including villagers attended the function.
At the event, he called on Muslims throughout the country to appreciate and take a lesson from the Quran and make efforts to close the gaps with the various races during the month of Ramadan.
- Mahathir Responds to Johor’s Capping of Youth Age at 40
- Government to look into Johor youth age cap – Mahathir
- Mahathir holds talks with China’s top leaders, consolidates China-Malaysia ties
- Leadership transition issue often raised can cause uncertainty – Mahathir
- Malaysia Maintains Economic and Trade Policy Despite Change of Government – PM Mahathir
166 total views, 2 views today