KUALA LUMPUR, May 18 (Bernama) — Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad and his wife Tun Dr Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali today wish Malaysian Buddhists “ A Happy Wesak Day”.
“Once again Malaysians of the Buddhist faith will celebrate Wesak Day in peace and harmony. This reminds us, how fortunate we are as Malaysians to be able to live in peace in our diversity.
“My wife and I wish “A Happy Wesak Day” he said in a posting on his official Twitter site @chedetofficial.
Wesak Day will be celebrated tomorrow to signify three important events in the life of Buddha, his birthday, enlightenment and death.
It is among the major festivals celebrated with prayers as well as processions with floats and colourful flowers.
- Dr M wishes Happy Mother’s Day to all mothers
- King, Queen Throw Surprise Birthday Party for PM, Wife at Istana Negara
- Government Strives to Save Life of Sarawakian to Be Hanged in Singapore – PM
- Mahathir, Siti Hasmah extend Aidiladha greetings through YouTube
- Continue Effort to Boost Understanding of Islam – Dr Mahathir
314 total views, 2 views today