PUTRAJAYA, May 9 (Bernama) — Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad attended the Breaking of the Fast and the People’s Thanksgiving Gathering in conjunction with the one-year administration of the Pakatan Harapan government at the Putra Mosque, here today.
Dr Mahathir, dressed in purple baju Melayu, arrived at 7 pm and was greeted by Deputy Prime Minister Datuk Seri Dr Wan Azizah Wan Ismail and Minister in the Prime Minister’s Department Datuk Seri Dr Mujahid Yusof Rawa.
Also present were the Prime Minister’s wife Datuk Seri Dr Siti Hasmah Mohd Ali, PKR President Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim, Cabinet Ministers, Members of Parliament, senior government officers and members of the public.
The programme began with the reading of a prayer (doa) led by the acting Chief Imam of Putra Mosque, Ustaz Lukman Mohd Hosni.
Dr Mahathir later joined everyone to break the fast as soon as the call for Maghrib Prayer went over the air.
After breaking the fast, the Prime Minister joined more than 1,000 members of the congregation to perform the Maghrib prayers.
- Dr Mahathir breaks fast with Cabinet members
- 4,000 Break Fast with PM at Kota Kinabalu City Mosque
- Peace in Country is a Bliss for All – Dr Mahathir
- King, Queen Attend Tahlil Ceremony in Conjunction with Warriors’ Day Celebration
- Muslims celebrate Aidiladha with spirit of sacrifice
218 total views, 1 views today