PUTRAJAYA, April 30 (Bernama) – Prime Minister Tun Dr Mahathir Mohamad today received a courtesy call from the Chairperson of the Qatar Foundation For Education, Science and Community Development (QF) and Education Above All (EAA), Sheikha Moza Nasser at his office in Perdana Putra here.
They met for about 45 minutes.
Also present during the courtesy call were Deputy Foreign Minister Datuk Marzuki Yahya and Qatar Ambassador to Malaysia, Fahad Mohammed Yousef Kafoud.
Sheikha Moza, who is the consort of Sheikh Hamad bin Khalifa Al Thani, the former Emir of Qatar, arrived in Malaysia on Sunday for a four-day special visit to Malaysia until May 1.
The Foreign Ministry (Wisma Putra) in a statement Sunday had said the visit would provide an opportunity for both sides to further discuss various issues of mutual interest especially matters related to education, health, women empowerment, youth and community development.
EAA which was founded in 2012 by Sheikha Moza aims to build a global movement that contributes to human, social and economic development through the provision of quality education, while QF is a non-profit organisation that has been focusing on education, research and community development since 1995.
- Visiting South Korean President Moon accorded state welcome at Parliament Square
- Dr Mahathir leading Malaysian delegation to 34th Asean Summit in Bangkok
- Mahathir, Hsien Loong to meet at first retreat in Putrajaya
- Communist Party of China’s Delegation Calls on Dr Mahathir
- Dr Mahathir, Lee hold annual talks in Putrajaya
137 total views, 1 views today